New Canon on 22nd March?

Started Mar 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
jrkliny
Senior MemberPosts: 2,694Gear list
Like?
Re: Wow, you're hard to please
In reply to skanter, Mar 7, 2013

skanter wrote:

The cameras we have are more than we need for good photography. But we are lulled into having the latest and greatest tech because - it's there! Canon needs us to keep buying new cameras, "upgrading", etc. That's capitalism.

-- hide signature --

Sam K., NYC

Personally, I am not looking for the latest and greatest.  I have no interest in WIFI, GPS, or any other bells and whistles.  My current camera does limit me.  I want to be able to print large and more megapixels would be really useful.  Less noise would also help improve my photography.  The focus on my T3i leaves a lot to be desired.  It hunts for closeup and macro shooting and really has difficulty tracking birds in flight and other rapidly moving objects.   The built quality leaves a lot to be desired.  It is tough to shoot in rainy conditions. I also had lots of issues in Death Valley.  No matter how much care I used, dust worked its way into the camera body and the sensor needed wet cleaning every week or so.  I shoot lots so I could also use a more durable camera.  My Xsi burnt the shutter after about 50k actuations.

-- hide signature --

Jim, AKA camperjim, formerly from liny, Long Island New York

jrkliny's gear list:jrkliny's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow