Started Mar 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
twenty200
Regular MemberPosts: 453Gear list
Like?
A78 Wish List
Mar 7, 2013

I absolutely love my A77 and have no intention of upgrading...  but there is ONE thing Sony could do to get me to buy an A78 when it gets released: GIVE ME MORE CUSTOMIZABLE BUTTONS.  I don't ever want to dig into the menu while shooting, nor do I want to surf through the pages and pages of the options available via the FN button, though I sure am glad they're there.

When not shooting with flash, I want the ability to reassign that button!

When not shooting video, I want the ability to reassign that button!

If they're not going to let me reassign those buttons, then give me more and make them fully customizable.

The electronic viewfinder has changed the way I use a camera body forever.  It may seem strange, but, the EVF makes the camera more tactile for me.  It makes it more responsive.  Instead of taking a picture and then looking at the rear screen to see how your photo turned out, the EVF shows you what the sensor is seeing before you even take the shot...  but you can also set up the EVF to show a quick view of the shot in the viewfinder immediately after taking it.  All of this makes the act of taking a photo feel more tactile to me.  The EVF doesn't just give me more control over the camera, it feels as if it puts me inside the camera.  It's such a fluid process rather than a before and after set up then check it process.

I want more buttons.

Yes, I've reassigned the ISO button, but frankly, I WANT an ISO button.

Yes, I've reassigned the AEL button, but I'd keep it set to exposure lock if I had another button to reassign instead.

It may seem silly to some, but my A77 performs so well that I have no need to upgrade when the A78 gets released.  But if the A78 had more reassignable buttons, it would put more features at my fingertips while shooting, and for me, THAT would be a compelling reason to upgrade.

Oh, and one more wish: Take Sweep Panorama, 3D Sweep, Cont Priority AE, and Scene off the mode dial.  Replace them with MR2 MR3 MR4 and MR5, and give me the ability to name them so that when I change the mode dial, my names show up in the viewfinder/display.

That's my wish list.  What's yours?

-- hide signature --

This is the world, the way I see it: http://twenty200.com

twenty200's gear list:twenty200's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro
Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow