New Canon on 22nd March?

Started Mar 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
skanter
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,492Gear list
Like?
Re: Wow, you're hard to please
In reply to Flying Fish, Mar 7, 2013

Flying Fish wrote:

It's not exactly as if we currently have lousy cameras desperately in need of improvements. On the contrary, our cameras--including Nikon, Olympus, Sony, and yes, Canon--are pretty amazing. People complain about the "crippled" 6D but "crippled" compared to what? Are you saying that all cameras at all levels should have the specs of the top-of-the line model? What's wrong with the 60D that so desperately needs upgrading? Even the ancient 7D still is amazing. You should go to Thom Hogan's web site ( www.bythom.com ) and read his excellent articles titled "the Last Camera Syndrome."

That said, would I buy a "70D"? Probably not because I have a T2i and a 7D, but I'd check it out. Would I buy a 7D2? That seems quite likely. I dunno, I'm not finding myself limited by my cameras.

FF

Its been discussed before - this forum often is more for tech/gear heads than photographers. The cameras we have are more than we need for good photography. But we are lulled into having the latest and greatest tech because - it's there! Canon needs us to keep buying new cameras, "upgrading", etc. That's capitalism.

Having said that - while I think the 60D is all the camera I need, I am not immune to gear lust. At this point the 60D is the best camera Canon makes that has an articulating screen (which I find essential for the type of work I do.) I love it's image quality, size, weight, screen and feature set, especially with Magic Lantern. So, I don't lust for any better camera, it doesn't exist.

-- hide signature --

Sam K., NYC

skanter's gear list:skanter's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow