ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PORTRAIT
Contributing MemberPosts: 851Gear list
Like?
Sony vs. Canon....
Mar 7, 2013

Hello Gang,

No this not a war over brands name here, But I just want to share with you my story..all I can say I proudly own A55 with kit lens 18-55 mm.+ 1.7 50 mm. Mino., and few months ago me and my beloved wife, were invited to our friends wedding. Well long story short, 2 official photographers were already hired for the job ,man and a woman, with Canon pro equipment, (pro flashes,tripods,and sop on..) I believe they were shooting with a couple of D7.So anyway, I said to my wife, I am mainly here to enjoy the weds...so I thought...,So after a while the temptation win me over and here and there  I started fire away few pics with my A55 + 18-55 mm. just for my self......After the wedding, at home I checked the photos and I was quite please with the result, so all I did a very basic PP and I sent some of them to our friends...Well little I knew that the couple called me, and want me to burn a DVD of the entire wedding for them (about 200 pics..I took by the way between church and reception...)they said my pics were ABSOLUTELY the best of the entire wedding!and they were willing to pay any price. they also told me, that they were not happy with job of their official photographer. (about 6000 photos by the way...). I said all right I will burn a DVD for you I told them. Actually I made 2 DVD, one with a iMovie and the other only stills..Well I saw some of the official pics and it was exactly like they said. .. I did not really know what to ask, (this is my first pay job!)so they handed me over 100 $.!...So as we often say,it is not the brush but the painter right?..

Cheers.

JPEG only..

JPEG only with minor PP...

-- hide signature --

© Marco Images 
SONY SLT A5
NIKON P 6000
CANON A80
Photography= Art & Tech.
http://marcoimages.blogspot.com/..

PORTRAIT's gear list:PORTRAIT's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P6000 Canon PowerShot SX130 IS Canon PowerShot SX500 IS Sony SLT-A55 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +3 more
Sony SLT-A55
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow