Re: New Canon on 22nd March?
In reply to SpartanWarrior, Mar 7, 2013

SpartanWarrior wrote:

Ramesh wrote:

http://photorumors.com/2013/03/06/canon-announcement-on-march-22-eos-70d/

http://www.canonrumors.com/

-- hide signature --

rr

Although I am a Canon user for many years, but I really hate to say it we will not see anything good from them, looks like Nikon took the ball and ran with it and Canon is to busy worring about video, I am starting to think that I married the wrong system but we'll see...

Canon is a huge organization capable of doing many things at once.  Notice the Nikon A coming out?  If you think Canon is wasting their time what is that?  Canon produced something that nobody has matched yet and they don't get any credity.  A near-APS-C sensor (yeah, nobody likes the aspect ratio except me and two other people I think) in a smallish body with a zoom lens (great quality) for a reasonable price.  Sony used a 1" sensor and a truly point and shoot (features and size) body which is great for some and Nikon is sticking with their 1 system and the A.....doesn't impress me.

Canon is obviously working on their technology whether you like video or not.  All the R&D will find its way into your precious Canon upgrade soon enough and it will benefit still capture as well as video.  Nobody can ignore video any more, although I wish it wasn't such a high priority in a stills body.  I haven't seen Nikon or Sony or Olympus or anyone else do something that I find all that stunning and innovative.  What is Nikon doing?

howardroark's gear list:howardroark's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow