Started Mar 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
paulbysea
Regular MemberPosts: 441Gear list
Like?
Re: New Canon on 22nd March?
In reply to elfroggio, Mar 7, 2013

elfroggio wrote:

SpartanWarrior wrote:

Although I am a Canon user for many years, but I really hate to say it we will not see anything good from them, looks like Nikon took the ball and ran with it and Canon is to busy worring about video, I am starting to think that I married the wrong system but we'll see...

I'm no Nikon expert but... The famous but, I just looked at the Nikon DX forum, the equivalent of ours. Just on the first page:

* fEE Error on nikon d7000, aperture ring is already locked
* Nikon D7000 Oil Spots Personal Experience
* More D7000 back focus. I thought this issue was dead!?
* D5100 "AF-ON" Problem
* Corrupted NEF files
* Canon develped a new sesnsitive CMOS sensor
* Nikon D7000 - Do I have a auto Focus Problem? (Images attached)
* D7100 banding

Nothing's perfect and the grass is always greener...

-- hide signature --

Thanks
http://www.foto-biz.com
The Business of Being a Photographer -- Lightroom Q&A

Personally I didn't buy into the Canon system on the basis of specifications alone.  It was the whole system, the ergonomic choices that Canon made and continues to make. The range of lenses available.

Every camera is a compromise and you choose the one that fits your budget and meets as much of your wish list of features as you can afford.  I am not going to jump from Canon just because Nikon or Sony come out with one camera model, I bought into the system.

Nikon are investing in video as well, it is a fact of like that modern dSLRs are great video cameras and manufacturers are going to include and promote these features in new models.  Why, because they are  mostly relative cheap to implement.  It is a software issue, not a hardware issue once you have included a microphone and analogue to digital sound chip in the camera body.  Easy to offer more features via firmware updates.   Personally I don't use video much, however it is nice to have it in my dSLR rather than needing to carry a video camera as well.

paulbysea's gear list:paulbysea's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 8700 Pentax Optio W80 Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow