New Canon on 22nd March?

Started Mar 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
007peter
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,448Gear list
Like?
+1 with Spartan. Probably yet another new battery to force you buy new grip
In reply to SpartanWarrior, Mar 7, 2013

SpartanWarrior wrote:

Although I am a Canon user for many years, but I really hate to say it we will not see anything good from them, looks like Nikon took the ball and ran with it and Canon is to busy worring about video, I am starting to think that I married the wrong system but we'll see...

I share you sentiment. 7D was the last canon that offer a quantum leap over its previous camera (50d) in feature & capability and that was 3 years ago.  Since the 7D, every canon is just a mild warm-over from previous generation.  60d was a downgrade on purpose to differentiat from 7d, but every rebel since then...:

- Canon T2i is a 18mp version of 15mp T1i with a Mic Input

- Canon T3i is just a T2i + articulate LCD

- Canon T4i is a T3i with Touch-sceen, and a hybrid AF that show minimal improvements

I suspect 70d is a just a 60d with a touch-screen + a new battery design to force you to buy another new battery grip.  It'll probably have the same circular 9 points AF again.

Hopefully I'm wrong and well see some major improvement in 70d, but I'm not holding my breath for canon any longer.

007peter's gear list:007peter's gear list
Nikon D3100 Canon EOS M Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow