E-7 Wish List

Started Mar 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ivo Verhaar
Regular MemberPosts: 346Gear list
Like?
Re: Why GPS?
In reply to Art_P, Mar 7, 2013

Flickr still has an option to show your photos on the map, I definitely use it for my holiday snaps.

Now i use an external gps, you do not want it in your iphone it drains batteries like crazy. Never use it in the iphone for photos, just for a map or speedcameras outside of my car lol

But i just ordered a bad elf gps logger, because it is able to connect to the iphone/ipad for uploading of the needed log files. Loosing the issue of 3 weeks of log files in the middle of nowhere to upload.

An Internal solution might be very usable and not to complex, but just a bluetooth link would do the trick to get that info. Only contacting the gps when needed (or maybe better downloading a log file from a bt gps logger and do it post in camera when you are done), prevents issues with  no connection or satelite.

Internal advantage it is always there, no need for syncing, extra procedures etc. disadvantage it drains batteries fast.

Again it is not easy, for a holiday you want to log the entire route and the location/date/time of the photos on that route. For the photos itselve you do not need that data overhead, so it might need some thinkering to get it right.

-- hide signature --

Olympus: E-3, 12-60SWD, EX25,EC20, FL50R, 50-200SWD http://www.flickr.com/photos/iverhaar

Ivo Verhaar's gear list:Ivo Verhaar's gear list
Konica Minolta DiMAGE A2 Olympus Stylus 720 SW Olympus XZ-2 iHS Olympus E-3 Olympus E-M1 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow