E-7 Wish List

Started Mar 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
SirSeth
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,869Gear list
Like?
Re: The only thing unrealistic might be the price...
In reply to SirSeth, Mar 7, 2013

I suppose addition of ports could cost a lot since we also want full weather sealing. I'd like to see dual card slots, 3.5mm mic, and headphones out for real video work. I don't think Olympus would be smart to price too near full frame offerings though.

I know Olympus would like to believe that professionals are willing to pay the price for professional cameras, but that's delusional for a company who has all but killed off their professional users through lack of product support, development, and communication. If Olympus thinks that an E-7 is continued support and commitment to 4/3rds, I'd counter that they haven't taken the pulse of the corpse lying in front of them which was their professional following. Maybe that's a little bleak, but if Olympus wants to appeal to professionals, then they are doing a great job of hiding it.

Cheers,

Seth

-- hide signature --

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
--
wallygoots.smugmug.com
wallygoots.blogspot.com

SirSeth's gear list:SirSeth's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow