Epson R3000 black ink nozzles shooting blanks

Started Mar 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
ukkisavosta
Regular MemberPosts: 171
Like?
Re: What about the carts?
In reply to jtoolman, Mar 7, 2013

Yes you can with conditions carts bug with every one. Only some of them. It's all about the controller chips.

Thanks, Joe. I guess I'll have to try it out and see if the chips on my refillables will allow for swapping each one separately.

Jaakko

Jaakko, Holy caw I just saw my reply that made no sense whatsoever.

Let's try again. What I meant to say was the depending on the type of cart, and the type of controller chip, Some will allow you to install them one at a time and some will not.

The CONE cart chips do allow individual carts to run alongside the OEM ones.

Inkjetfly does not and you have to install them as a complete set, for example.

Joe

Hah, no problem. I got the gist of the message, although your response was admittedly a bit cryptic.

My carts are generic, no-name carts (blue sticker on the side, which reads "Inkjet cartridge"), so I am guessing that these will need to be installed as a complete set.

BTW, I recently ordered another set of cartridges and ink for my R220, as the magenta was still giving me trouble after every power-on cycle, and lo and behold, the problems seem to have disappeared with the new magenta cartridge. I also had to reprofile, although the inks were from the same supplier (the problem of cheap inks, I suppose - variation between batches).

With my limited experience on the matter, I suppose that a proper vacuum was not formed in the cart, or a proper seal wasn't formed in the ink port.

Jaakko

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow