New computer needed

Started Mar 6, 2013 | Questions thread
Ho72
Senior MemberPosts: 1,514
Like?
Re: New computer needed
In reply to Leon Obers, Mar 7, 2013

Leon Obers wrote:

As you are a Mac user, I should surely stick with Apple. Changing to Windows you have to learn a total new way of life using software and getting all kinds of drivers and solutions to have the best benefit.

I am a Windows user and have just build a new PC myself by choosing the proper devices for it as a "hobby". You must like to have fun to solve all kinds of problems you definitely shall met when building the system.

I'm always baffled by comments like this, which usually are accompanied by dire warning of "virus" and "downtime" -- and usually emanate from the mac crowd when disparaging Windows machines.

I've installed Win7 and Win8 within the last 6 months on new hardware and both were notable for lack of drama. The OS and apps installed and ran, end of story. The only extra thing required was loading a driver for the graphics card to enable full support, something my 11 year old niece can do.

As for "learning a total new way of life using software..." Photoshop is Photoshop and is virtually OS agnostic. Most other software follows suite.

So, Leon, I don't see the problems you llist as being an issue. Now there will be a learning curve regarding how things are done within the OS environment, but that's about it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow