Why I won't trade the V1 for the A

Started Mar 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
blank_
Regular MemberPosts: 176Gear list
Like?
Re: Why I won't trade the V1 for the A
In reply to iamthenewguy, Mar 7, 2013

iamthenewguy wrote:

I won't be exchanging my V1 for the A because I like having options. Don't get me wrong, the concept of big sensor+one prime+small package is nice but I already have the X100 to fill that gap. If anything I'd get the A to replace the X100 because I do prefer the wider FOV that the A provides but I like the built in OVF/EVF of the X100 too much. The $400 OVF that the has to be purchased separately from the A is a bummer to me. If it weren't for that I would be pretty interested in it because it looks more pocketable than the X100 and CNX2 can edit the RAW files for me (I don't have LR and for now don't want to purchase or learn another program).

there are many decent 28mm finders (ricoh gv2, sigma vf11 and many others), that you can get around $100 on ebay. I had two 28mm fixed lens cameras and to be honest I never felt much use for the finder except when you just can't see the lcd because of the sun. It looks cool though.

I really like the size - slightly bigger than rx100, but with good ergonomics. It's only 40mm thick, so it's really compact unlike x100, rx1, or even dp1.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow