Samsung 7 Series Gamer laptop and external monitor?

Started Mar 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DCooper
Regular MemberPosts: 168Gear list
Like?
Samsung 7 Series Gamer laptop and external monitor?
Mar 6, 2013

Hi everyone,

For numerous reasons I have had to rethink my laptop choice. I really would appreciate your help.

What do you guys think of the screen of the 17" Samsung 7 Series gamer NP700G7C S02 UK? The specs are fine for my needs, 3630qm, 16gb ram, GTX 675m, 8gb SSD with 2 750gb hard drives, which would handle photo editing and video editing perfectly.

The screen is 400 nit brightness, Full HD, 1080p display. It is supposed to look great with very good viewing angles. It is glossy, but I have read in one review that the reviewer couldn't see any distinctive glare, so he thought that it appears more matte than glossy. (It doesn't seem to be as reflective as most glossy displays from what I have read in a couple of reviews). He does suggest that a photo editor should buy a laptop with an IPS display instead though.

However, if I was to use this laptop with a matte display Monitor, either a Dell U2410 or a U2711, do you think that this laptop, with this setup, would be sufficient for photo editing?

Many thanks.

DCooper's gear list:DCooper's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon TS-E 90mm f/2.8 Canon EF 50mm f/2.5 Macro
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow