In reply to eques, Mar 6, 2013

eques wrote:

captura wrote:

Lightshow wrote:

eques wrote:

blakninja wrote:

Prembo wrote:

Hi,

So far I've read great things about the Konica Hexanon AR lens system as a legacy/vintage manual focus lens to be used with NEX cameras. I've also read on the forum very positive things said about Canon FD lenses (particularly the Canon FD 50mm f1.4).

I'd like to get a few vintage manual focus lenses to experiment with and 'learn' photography. I'd like to do macro and portrait photography mainly, and would like to, if possible, invest in just one of these lens systems so I don't have to buy many adapters.

Considering the following factors (in order of importance, 1 - most important) which lens system would you recommend?

1. Price
  2. Sharpness
  3. Availability of variety of lenses
The 2 lens systems mentioned above (Konica Hexanon AR and Canon FD) seem to have a variety of lenses in my price range on ebay.
Which would you recommend or are there any others I've missed?
Thank you.Prembo.
-- hide signature --

Sony Nex-5, 18-55mm Kit Lens

I bought these:

1. Minolta MC Rokkor-X PG 50mm f1.4 (70$)

2. Fujian CCTV 35mm f.17 (35$)

3. Canon FDn 50mm f1.4 (80$)

4. Olympus PG.Zuiko 50mm f1.4 (50$) <-- Question, is the Zuiko MC better??

5. Konica Hexanon AR 40mm f1.8 (60$)

6. Canon FD 50mm f1.4 S.S.C (90$)

I'm eyeing these ones next:

7. Super Takumar 50mm 1.4

8. Konica Hexanon AR 50mm f1.4

9. Mamiya Sekor 50mm f.14 <-- So confused with all the versions, anyone can help?

What do you need all these 50mm lenses for? Or do you just collect them? - Peter.

I have well over a dozen Normals 50-58mm lenses, each has a different look/feel in how it renders, like painting with oils vs acrylic, the colors are the same, right?

or

Synthetic vs. natural bristles in a brush, it's just a brush, right?

Many people collect lenses. It's a worthwhile hobby, as long as you don't let it run away with you.. nice collection.

You are right and I never wanted to imply the opposite. Peter.

Plus there is a valid reason why Hexanon, Fujinon, Zuiko and other also runs lenses were cheaper than Nikon, Canon, Pentax or Minolta lenses ......

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Use?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow