Coolpix A a great competitor to Fuji X100S

Started Mar 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
AngryCorgi
Contributing MemberPosts: 913Gear list
Like?
Re: Sensor... X-Trans
In reply to ekaton, Mar 6, 2013

ekaton wrote:

Interesting discussion overall. First of all, the A competes with the Leica X2 and not with the X100s. The X2 and the A even more so are the truly jacket pocket size large sensor options. And when compared with the Leica, the A looks quite attractive, it has better manual controls, hopefully faster AF and costs about half. The A is what the Ricoh GRD iV should have been. If ergonomics are good and AF fast, a streetshooter's dream.

Concerning Fuji and their X-sensor, I think it is considerably overrated (I have the XE1 and the X100 and prefer the latter). No accpetable RAW support, detail rendering can be problematic and is clearly bettered by a NEX7 or a Oly OMD. Putting a state of the art AA free 20MP sensor (Sony) into the X100s would have been a better decision.

I would have preferred an AA-free bayer-filtered sensor myself.  I was always very fond of the X100 output, but was less so with the Xpro or XE1.  Obviously, it's all a matter of personal taste.  That's just my preference, and I think the drawbacks of the Xtrans filter are visible.  Just my two cents.

-- hide signature --

-AC-

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
VFsNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow