iRes for the Birds?

Started Mar 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
myssvictoria
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,966Gear list
Like?
Re: An apology and a correction
In reply to Rodger1943, Mar 6, 2013

Rodger1943 wrote:

I agree with another post here that you take beautiful bird shots, I guess its a question of degree.

Thank you, Rodger.

Are you anywhere near a museum that might have a few stuffed birds in there that you could photograph? I'm currently interstate and can't get back to the zoo to try a few shots using different sharpness levels and no ires, just to see how they turn out.

I don't know about museums with stuffed birds. Stuffed birds would be great for testing feather detail but not so sure about eye detail. I got the impression from my outings that using iRes was doing something funny with the eyes.

I have some from a previous zoo trip, but I can't remember now which shot has what settings. Ha! I won't be back home for more than a week, so I'll have another crack at it then.

I moved a birdfeeder to a better lit location. When it stops raining, I'll do some tests. I know what you mean about remembering settings! I went out a few times using the approach of taking one with it off and one with it on. And I would accidentally take two or three. Or the bird would move before I took the "on" pic. And pretty soon it got confused! So then I took just "on" pics. But then you don't have direct comparisons, however I felt that no iRes would have been better.

It will be interesting to see what your tests will reveal.

Regards

Rodger

-- hide signature --

Panasonic FZ200

-- hide signature --
 myssvictoria's gear list:myssvictoria's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow