Strange Colour Issues in SPP - Help needed

Started Mar 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Gary-UK
Regular MemberPosts: 265Gear list
Like?
Re: Strange Colour Issues in SPP - Help needed
In reply to Phil Loughran, Mar 6, 2013

Phil Loughran wrote:

Gary, this has been my experience ever since I have used Sigma, from the SD10 through to my current SD14, DP1, DP2....the embedded JPEG always seems just as I saw the image.....but when SPP takes over in auto, the colours are a complete mess...which requires a lot of fiddling. I don't have any solutions, but I would welcome any suggestions...other than buying new cameras Fortunately I have enough of those and they require less work to get the best image out of them.

Hi Phil,

Since ditching the profile created by the Spyder3 Pro, the images from the Sigma, both jpeg and RAW have looked fine. I do shoot with a custom white balance though, which most definitely helps. I bought a Lastolite 12% grey/white "card" (it's actually collapsible like those reflectors), which arrived today and works very well. Like most cameras, the Sigma's AWB is very poor in artificial lighting, but isn't too bad outdoors. However, the Lastolite takes the guesswork out of it and means much less post processing. It's a 30cm target but collapses to about 10cm and has its own carry case. Cost me just over £20 delivered.

-- hide signature --
 Gary-UK's gear list:Gary-UK's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F660EXR Sony Alpha 7 Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow