How do I calibrate my iMac and Macbook?

Started Mar 4, 2013 | Questions thread
Alpha Doug
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,181Gear list
Like?
Re: How do I calibrate my iMac and Macbook?
In reply to Gary 172, Mar 6, 2013

Gary 172 wrote:

Hi all,

I'm trying to calibrate my iMac with my Macbook, 13.3".

I've been using i1Profiler without success. I've run through the process a number of times on each computer but the screens still do not match or are not close enough. The i1Profiler software reads the iMac as a CCFL screen by default, with wide -gamut CCFL, white LED and Red LED being other options.

The only option for the Macbook is 'Color LCD'.

Try as I might, I just cannot get these screens to look the same (I'm expecting an exact match but something more or less accurate).

I've also tried the inbuilt Apple calibration software without success.

In addition, the results from the iProfiler on the iMac, look as if it gives a slightly red cast, whilst I think I prefer the calibration I did using the inbuilt software...

This is driving me a little crazy right now, so any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

~G

If you have a fairly recent iMac, the screen is LED backlit.  I believe that the "white LED" option would get you close.  Both screens should be similar in that they are both IPS lcd monitors, displaying roughly the same gamut.  I'm not quite clear on how you are proceeding with the Xrite software though.  The choice you see when doing the MacBook is actually the name of the default monitor profile.  Could you run through the exact setup you do when running the ColorMunki on each device?  If we know the exact details of the steps and your choices, we probably help better.

-- hide signature --

Only my opinion. It's worth what you paid for it. Your mileage may vary! ;-} www.dougwigton.com/

Alpha Doug's gear list:Alpha Doug's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow