Started Mar 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
123Mike
Senior MemberPosts: 4,140Gear list
Like?
Quick lens change helper thingy
Mar 6, 2013

I'm pretty handy with changing lenses. What I do is I butt up the lenses while holding both in one hand, and the camera in the other hand. I flick the button, rotate, remove, flip my hand around, snap on other lens, presto. But what's annoying the darn rear lens cap. What if I have two lenses that I need in a session. I don't want to have two cameras. I'm thinking a lens holder on my belt, and keeping the rear lens cap off. Lens facing up, rear facing down. But I'm worried about dust and sand creeping into my bag, onto my lens, into my camera. How about a lens-mount on my belt that can hang a lens off of my belt, securely like on the camera. But then I'm worried about banging the lens into something as I walk around (lots of objects and hecticness around). Is there a solution that can hold and protect the lens, with a built in rear lens cap somehow. What I want is, when I need to flip lenses, I want to quickly take a lens out, not having to fiddle with the rear cap, flip the lens, and put the other lens away again without fiddling with the rear cap.

Another solution I can think of is placing the lens in the lens holder off of my belt, with the rear side facing *up*, and having a rear lens cap on a string. Or is there a lens holder with a rear cap built into a lid of sorts perhaps?

123Mike's gear list:123Mike's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS A3000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Tamron AF 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Macro +5 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow