The US won't have mirrorless? (Sans Mirror)

Started Mar 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
Thomas Kachadurian
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,009Gear list
Like?
Re: It's an America male testosterone thing!
In reply to Cipher, Mar 6, 2013

1) Big SUVs are more popular than compact cars which is reverse in Asia/Europe

2) Big guns are popular.

3) Big meals.  Again the reverse in Asia/Europe.  I was in Florida once at Universal Orlando theme park.  They had these things called a Funnel Cake.  These cakes are the size of a dinner plate and the entire thing is a serving!  Then I saw someone selling what looked like deep fried turkey legs.  They must've been like 3 lbs of meat.

3) Huge houses with huge rooms and huge refrigerators.

6) Clothing is huge!  When I buy "small" it's still too big for me.  It's usually around the belly where it's too big.

No real American man would be caught dead carrying a dainty compact/micro43 around his neck.  It has to be a DSLR with a manly 18-300mm zoom!

In most households, the men make the decisions for purchase of electronics.  So when it comes time to buy a camera, a large DSLR is more manly.

Basically Bigger = Better

This is an amazingly shallow observation. A trip to Disney is not America.

I spend a week in Newcastle where there were hoodlum youth lurking very night. Should I assume all Brits are lost. No.

More than anything, Americans are not monolithic. You will find regional differences like different countries. It is foolish to believe otherwise.

Tom

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow