Which lens is best for indoor events & general photograph: Sigma/Canon 17-50(55) or Sigma 17-70?

Started Mar 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sovern
Contributing MemberPosts: 907
Like?
Which lens is best for indoor events & general photograph: Sigma/Canon 17-50(55) or Sigma 17-70?
Mar 6, 2013

Hey guys I'm looking for a good fast lens for indoor use and outdoor use as well that is fast, produces nice bokeh, and does not have AF inconsistancys.

I have a simple question. At what focal length does the 17-70 go from being F2.8 to F4? Are there any reviews for the new Sigma 17-70? Finally, is the Canon 17-55 2.8 Significantly better (as in will I notice the difference in 8X12 prints) than the Sigma 17-50 HSM?

I'm in a lingo right now because I do not have a fast general usage zoom or rather any zoom at all......I primarily shoot portraiture and on the side I shoot paid events.

Thanks for taking the time out to read this post and all the best.

Right now I'm only using the Canon 85 1.8 and a borrowed 18-55 a long with a 40mm 2.8 pancake (which I'm selling to find one of these zooms).

I love the 85 1.8 but I need something that can go wider and ideally it would be a zoom because nothing can touch the 85 1.8 bokeh wise on crop so I'm already set with a good portrait lens.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow