*********Challenge 162- The Moon in the Landscape ***********

Started Feb 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
Bob in Baltimore
Regular MemberPosts: 416Gear list
Like?
Re: RESULTS PART II *********Challenge 162- The Moon in the Landscape ***********
In reply to ZorSy, Mar 6, 2013

ZorSy wrote:

Bob, thanks for finding something good about the Southern sky (which is, I have to agree, less interesting the the Northern one). It was an interesting challenge, congrats to the winner (and thanks to all participants).

Not so! We NHC (Northern Hemisphere Chauvinists) have to deal with a lot of upside down things (poor Orion!) but the sky is fabulous! Nothing beats the southern Milky Way high in the sky. Once, while in the middle of the Brazilian rain forests and literally sleeping in a hammock, I set my alarm to get up and view the skies at 2 AM. My ecological colleagues, who were mildly disrupted by my movements, did not understand. But what a view!!

Sadly, despite 4 trips to your hemisphere I have never been able to see the Large and Small Magellanic Clouds. I am much the poorer for it!

BTW, when the Moon is out, there are better things to do

You do have a point!

-- hide signature --

Bob in Baltimore

Bob in Baltimore's gear list:Bob in Baltimore's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow