Nikon 85 1.4g vs 85 1.8g bokeh

Started Mar 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
J2photo
Regular MemberPosts: 236
Like?
Re: Nikon 85 1.4g vs 85 1.8g bokeh
In reply to Steve Bingham, Mar 6, 2013

Steve Bingham wrote:

The 85mm f1.4 is king and the bokeh is really close. However, the price really IS a factor!!!!!!!!!! This favors the f1.8. What's in YOUR wallet?

-- hide signature --

Steve Bingham
www.dustylens.com
www.ghost-town-photography.com

Yes the price is a factor for sure.  What I have finally learned is save until you can buy what you want and you will be much more content.  The 1.8g is a steal for $399 but the 1.4g is better in all aspects.  I picked up the 1.4g brand spankin new off Amazon for $1399!  I doubt I will ever lose money if I decided one day to sell it.  I shoot a lot of Bridal and Engagement sessions where I want the best lens I can afford for the job.  Between the 85 1.4g, 70-200 vrii, and 24-70 2.8g I think I have it covered.  I may throw a wide angle in there at some point but I haven't found a need for it yet.  I have lost significant money buying the Tamron 28-75 2.8, Nikon 80-200 2.8 and Nikon 16-85 VR to only sell later due to limitations.  This is my passion.  I am blessed to get paid photographing people so why not get the right tools for the job..

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow