will you pre-order your new 80~400mm or wait for (fill in the blank) ?

Started Mar 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Vera Cognome
Vera Cognome Regular Member • Posts: 226
Re: will you pre-order your new 80~400mm or wait for (fill in the blank) ?

Thank you for reminding me.  Another reason people posted but won't buy this lens is because they just like to complain.

As for using VR-III?  As far as I can tell, 4-stops vs. 5-stops is just marketing hype.  Do you really think that jigging some glass at the back of a lens can let you shoot at 400mm and 1/12th of a second and still get a usable shot?  Or even 1/25th?

In case you haven't figured it out yet, I don't buy gear for myself.  That's why I don't have any gear listed or any posted photos.  I buy it for other people, and then only occasionally, but being able to "talk camera" opens doors.  Read my posts.  I write about price points and buying behavior, not about "IQ" or fancy letters.

Even a fixed aperture 80-400mm f/5.6 is going to be harder to build than a 70-200mm f/2.8 of the same quality, and any 80-400mm is going to have a smaller target market.  That means it was always going to be more expensive than the 70-200mm.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow