will you pre-order your new 80~400mm or wait for (fill in the blank) ?

Started Mar 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
Vera Cognome
Regular MemberPosts: 152
Like?
Re: will you pre-order your new 80~400mm or wait for (fill in the blank) ?
In reply to Shotcents, Mar 6, 2013

Thank you for reminding me.  Another reason people posted but won't buy this lens is because they just like to complain.

As for using VR-III?  As far as I can tell, 4-stops vs. 5-stops is just marketing hype.  Do you really think that jigging some glass at the back of a lens can let you shoot at 400mm and 1/12th of a second and still get a usable shot?  Or even 1/25th?

In case you haven't figured it out yet, I don't buy gear for myself.  That's why I don't have any gear listed or any posted photos.  I buy it for other people, and then only occasionally, but being able to "talk camera" opens doors.  Read my posts.  I write about price points and buying behavior, not about "IQ" or fancy letters.

Even a fixed aperture 80-400mm f/5.6 is going to be harder to build than a 70-200mm f/2.8 of the same quality, and any 80-400mm is going to have a smaller target market.  That means it was always going to be more expensive than the 70-200mm.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow