Started Mar 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Wheatfield
Senior MemberPosts: 6,297
Like?
How Health Care is Supposed to Work
Mar 6, 2013

Went to the hospital for some tests today. Since I am generally healthy, and have had the good fortune to have little to do with the health care system, I wasn't quite sure what the time frame was going to work out to.

I went prepared for the worst, with a couple of books loaded onto my tablet and a pocket full of granola bars.

Got to the hospital about 10 minutes before I was actually scheduled to be there, and was checked in with no wait. Got directions for where in the complex I was supposed to go, and wandered into the lab a full half hour before my appointment. I checked in, and then settled down to read.

About 2 pages later, I was called into the testing room where two procedures took place, and then across the hall to another room for another procedure. I was out the door 10 minutes before my appointment time.

Also, this was done at no direct cost to me. I just had to show my health card at admitting.

The Canadian health care system seems to be alive and well, and taking care of business in a fast and friendly fashion.

-- hide signature --

Always remember, whenever you declare someone the dumbest person on Earth, someone else will stare at their screen intently, cross their arms and say ‘Challenge accepted’.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow