Question for G5 owners re: button feel...

Started Mar 6, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
turboBB
Forum MemberPosts: 85Gear list
Like?
Question for G5 owners re: button feel...
Mar 6, 2013

Hi G5 owners,

Is your "down" (timer/burst mode) button mushy feeling compared to the other directions (up, left, right)?

I returned two G5's due to this issue since many times I couldn't tell if I actually pressed the button and some presses were not acknowledged (skipped).

It's such a shame as otherwise, short of the lack of full manual control during video recording, the G5 is an absolute gem of a camera and would be perfect for my needs. The focusing speed is superior to any camera I've handled to date (and easily destroys the D600 which I had for a short period) and absolutely silent during video recording.

Am I the only one unlucky enough to have experienced this twice? The reason I'm asking is that I'm hoping this was an exception which would solve one of the big negatives for me re: the G5 then I can hope and pray that VK will eventually release FW hack allowing full manual video control.

I did a search but only found threads re: Oly buttons being mushy.

Thanks in advance,
Tim

turboBB's gear list:turboBB's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD +1 more
ANSWER:
Nikon D600 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow