Intrigued by the DP2M

Started Feb 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Purchased!
In reply to Wellington100, Mar 5, 2013

Wellington100 wrote:

I think you have 6 days to beef up your IT infrastructure to handle the data that you will be generating. Have you thought of contacting CERN and asking them for some space on their servers and processors seeing as the Large Hadron Collider is being upgraded at the moment, to ease the burden of those massive Sigma files you will be generating:-)

Not much I can do about CPU power as I dont want a new computer now.  But I am going to get a new external hard drive to help hold the files.  My laptop is at 90% capacity and the Sigma files just are not going to fit there.

Have to figure out a 3 disk back up strategy.  What a hassle.

-- hide signature --

DISCLAIMER: The text written herein is meant to provide the opinions and/or suggestions of the author. No statement herein is meant to be considered law of the land, representative of any party or group, and or a quote from any party or group. Neither is any statement in the contained text meant to be taken as scripture, doctrine, or all encompassing of an entire populous or any groups or individuals therein.

rattymouse's gear list:rattymouse's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F10 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
WowNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow