My GH3 EVF - a new observation and opinion

Started Jan 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
exdeejjjaaaa
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,717Gear list
Like?
Re: EVF
In reply to sea_dragon, Mar 5, 2013

sea_dragon wrote:

To clarify, my issue is that I can see the distortion with my eye perfectly centered and against the EVF eye cup. I'm not looking at it from a distance.

the "bad" photo used as an example clearly is taken from the point which does not correspond to еye "perfectly centered and against the EVF eye cup" - it does not show full frame visible through EVF (like the "good" photo does) and distortions on only one side tells us that it was done @ angle (intentionally of course).

It's true that taking a shot of the EVF image with another camera can make it look good or bad. But regardless of how the picture was taken, the resulting image accurately represents the distortion the I (and perhaps others) are seeing. It's just a way of showing others the effect we're seeing.

and my example shows what it looks like when you really have "eye perfectly centered and against the EVF eye cup" and not at a distance and at an angle...

So, with my eye centered and against the eye cup, I see distortion in the onscreen information. Particularly the area where the aperture and ISO readings appear. The slightest movement of my eye causes the distortion to bounce between the two. It's as if the focused area of the magnifier is simply too small.

This is the same for the other 6 or so GH3s that I've looked at in person.

that simply means that something is wrong either your eyes or understanding what "eye perfectly centered and against the EVF eye cup" means... do you want to state that example posted ("bad" picture) shows the full frame visible in EVF when you have "eye perfectly centered and against the EVF eye cup" ? because there is so much more visible around what was presented in that "bad" picture.

exdeejjjaaaa's gear list:exdeejjjaaaa's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Sony Alpha 7 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow