The US won't have mirrorless? (Sans Mirror)

Started Mar 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
JamieTux
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,772Gear list
Like?
Re: The US won't have mirrorless? (Sans Mirror)
In reply to YouDidntDidYou, Mar 5, 2013

YouDidntDidYou wrote:

Huh....Panasonic Lumix has massive brand recognition amongst consumers in the UK and sales to go with it, Sony and Olympus mirrorless not being too far behind.

living life to the Four Thirds!
http://www.YouDidntDidYou.com/blog

So when you walked into Jessops the m43 cameras had the same amount of wall space as the Nikon and Canon dSLRs?

I've been in quite a few down south and I've not seen Panasonic + Olympus together taking up more space than either Canon or Nikon on their own - it was the same in Jacobs and it still is that way in London Camera Exchange Nikon and Canon generally have the most - then Sony, then m43 (if they carry it at all).

My local PC World and Comet (until they closed too) were the same - the only interchangeable cameras that are regularly in store are Canon, Nikon or Sony dSLRs.  I can order and collect a Canon 5D2, 7D, 650D, 60D etc, or Nikon D800,  D7000, D5200, etc - the OM-D, EPL5 and EPL3 are all showing as unavailable at the moment - although the Panasonic G3 is available.

I'm not arguing about brand recognition - that's what the question was effectively about - why are Panasonic Lumix and Olympus not selling in equivalent volumes to the rest of the world - and a proposed answer was display space in store.

JamieTux's gear list:JamieTux's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow