Camera Knowledge !

Started Mar 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Pontoneer
Senior MemberPosts: 1,040Gear list
Like?
Re: Camera Knowledge !
In reply to LDBOK, Mar 5, 2013

Many contributors on this forum seem to be long time Pentax users who started with or have used Pentax film SLRs, some for many years like myself. I think many C and N users are newbies to SLR photography and therefore  are not nearly as knowledgeable.

http://larrydbrown.com

Yes , I started with Pentax in the 1970's and I did compare with the competition .

This was to be my first SLR , although I had been using a Zeiss rangefinder camera and a Rolleiflex TLR for some time before that . The competition , as I looked at it was the likes of Practika and Zenit , which both used screw mount while Pentax had the new bayonet K Mount . I did look at Nikon as well but it was more expensive with no advantage that I could see over Pentax , which was better made than the East German offerings and at least the equal of Nikon .

I have stuck with Pentax since and , almost 40 years on , see no reason to change .

Pontoneer's gear list:Pontoneer's gear list
Pentax *ist D Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL Pentax smc DA 50-200mm F4-5.6 ED +37 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow