ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nick Carrigan
Regular MemberPosts: 261Gear list
Like?
XZ-10 vs XZ-2
Mar 5, 2013

Hi All,

I received my new XZ-10 this morning.  It is indeed very small.  It's the perfect size for a pocket camera.

Its rubber grip has a sticky feel to it -- which is reassuring for a solid grip.  At first, I was a bit scared to really hold the camera but it's so well-built that there's no reason not to grip it firmly.

I haven't had a lot of time to fiddle with it. It's quite small and the controls seems well-placed.  Build quality is very nice and solid.  The control ring has more free play compared to the XZ-2 control ring which has a stiffer action.

The AF is definitely a bit slower than the XZ-2.  I'll post more about this later.

Didn't see a firmware version on this model.  I wonder if they'll even offer firmware updates..?

I did receive the Olympus Viewer 3 software so that should be interesting to play with...

I'll try to take a couple of samples/comparison shots later today.

-Nick

Nick Carrigan's gear list:Nick Carrigan's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2/35 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +1 more
Olympus Stylus XZ-10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow