Started Mar 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jorginho
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,426Gear list
Like?
Re: Samsung could kill the competition in 2013
In reply to johnznyc, Mar 5, 2013

johnznyc wrote:

Ariston wrote:

it's a double-edge sword. I think that Samsung being an unknown camera maker as of the moment is a good thing because this would make the brand affordable for most people and the best bang for the buck system. DxOmarks even didn't realize the potential of the system not until they tested it. it's an amazing system that is unknown for most consumers and photographers. even camera sellers are not even aware of it's potential. I'd rather have the system not to be number #1 as popularity would mean high demand and which would spell the end of affordability.

Right on. Right no, in the USA market Samsung is selling the NX20 at $250 discount off its $1099 suggested retail price, thus $849 with the 18-55mm kit zoom. Unofficially, there seems to be retailer incentives as B&H is selling this kit for $699 and I was able to buy the body and lens separately for $649.

This is a typical Korean market strategy when new products are released. Right now, in the UK, Samsung has a great sale on NX lenses -- too bad for UK residents only...

At $699 with lens, try to find a better camera.

You are buying into a system, not just a camera. If it is just one camera, than you could hop between brands etc. But you buy into a system. Of course it is personal but it does not seem to be the best system out there. I like the IQ of the NX200 and NX20 a lot. Epsecially the low ISO pics are second to none. Really like everything about them. I did not see too many high ISO pics, can't comment on that.

What is better is personal. For some EPL5 is the better cam with better IQ, smaller form factor. Others think Sony NEX5r is better etc. Panasonic G5 can be seen as a better cam. It has an electronic shutter, same IQ etc.

What, according to you, makes the NX20 better than a GH2 or a G5, if we are comparing DSLR styled mirrorless cams? I can't think of some obvious advantages...

Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow