What "real life" advantages would a DSLR give me over the V1?

Started Mar 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BandofBrothers
Forum MemberPosts: 85Gear list
Like?
What "real life" advantages would a DSLR give me over the V1?
Mar 5, 2013

Hey guys,

Not looking to start a flame war or anything - I have the V1 as my only camera at the moment and am thinking of complementing it / replacing it with a DSLR such as the Canon EOS 650D.

This is a question for those that have/shoot both DSLR's and the Nikon 1 V1 camera - what real life advantages would such a camera give me? I realise they have a bigger sensor which gives a better low-light performance? and better IQ overall? Also there is a larger selection of lenses available.....

I'm just starting to think maybe I made a mistake buying the V1 (and 3x kit lenses - 10-30/18.5 and 30-110) as I used to have a D3100 but wanted to get something a bit smaller, so purchased the V1 and now I have buyers remorse a little....

I mainly shoot landscapes, my dogs, flowers and very rarely airshows which are held once per year.

Any advice what I should do? Many thanks in advance

BandofBrothers's gear list:BandofBrothers's gear list
Nikon 1 V1
Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i) Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D3100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow