The US won't have mirrorless? (Sans Mirror)

Started Mar 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
Alumna Gorp
Senior MemberPosts: 1,531Gear list
Like?
Re: It's all about marketing!
In reply to amalric, Mar 5, 2013

amalric wrote:

Lux Painter wrote:

Here in Germany, if you walk into the large electronic store chains (BestBuy type stores) you will see the large Canon and Nikon table. Sony is pushing too. Samsung is trying to make an effort as well. But Panasonic is usually the smallest table and you need to take out the loupe to find Olympus.

Another problem of mirrorless is the perception and mindset of the buyers: No matter what, a DSLR still stands for quality. And that's what the dealer will sell you.

The problem in the US is amplified by the 'bigger is better' syndrom. I used to live there for many years, and it is the only place where I have seen such a high concentration of people running around with high-end Canon/Nikon DSLRs. In Europe I rarely see a Nikon D700 and up.

I am not surprised. Perhaps mirrorless campaigns should be based on always connected cameras, Kodak's, like Alumna mentioned.

Or that mirrorless are superior photographic tools in a World that has largely forgotten photography.

A complementary approach.

Am.

-- hide signature --

This is what I have seen.

http://mirrorlesscentral.com/kodak-to-produce-mirrorless-compact-system-camera/

Alumna Gorp's gear list:Alumna Gorp's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow