Started Mar 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
jim stirling
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,746Gear list
Like?
Re: Wishful thinking
In reply to dave gaines, Mar 5, 2013

dave gaines wrote:

jim stirling wrote:

...I was looking to buy a 50-200 SWD on ebay UK and contrary to what people are suggesting they{ Oly HG and SHG lenses} are not in abundant supply at all. In fact it took me several weeks to find one that fitted the bill , now I just need a fully functioning mFT body with full speed AF to put it on

Jim

Hi Jim,

Not to rain on your parade or anything like that, but if that m4/3 wish were possible today it would have happened already. Maybe someday but not this year. With the coming of a new DSLR release from Olympus that will focus 4/3 lenses and have an optical viewfinder, the best camera for fast autofocus with the 50-200 lens is an Olympus DSLR. It's not going to be a replacement of the hot new, best-selling MILC, OM-D EM-5.

Hi Dave , fortunately I am not a regular long tele shooter and I am happy to hold on to the lens till the appropriate body comes along { whenever that may beĀ  }

I am glad you got a good deal on this wonderful HG lens. Best of luck with it.

It is one of the best bang for the buck lenses around , personally though it may be sacrilegious  I think the real stars of Olympus lens range are the SG and HG with a very good quality to price ratio . By the time you get to the SHG lenses the prices {here anyway } are getting too high and the size and weight too much . This does not change the fact that they are excellent bits of glass, and I hope you FT guys who have bought these gems get a body worthy of them.

Jim

-- hide signature --

Dave

jim stirling's gear list:jim stirling's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Nikon D800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
carizi MOD
EditNew
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
(unknown member)
carizi MOD
skeys MOD
carizi MOD
skeys MOD
carizi MOD
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
carizi MOD
skeys MOD
carizi MOD
mpeman MOD
carizi MOD
mpeman MOD
carizi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow