Started Mar 5, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PaddyC
Regular MemberPosts: 135Gear list
Like?
What's the future of the A mount?
Mar 5, 2013

Sony is soon going to be supporting four lens lines (amongst consumer photographic equipment):

1. FF A

2. APS-C A

3. E

4. FF E

And all the camera bodies to go along with them and whatever fixed-lens (RX100, RX1) developments they are planning. Not to mention the rest of the cybershot family.

I know it's easy to get to get on the "sky is falling" rant for the A mount but there is definitely a lot of uncertainty in the minds of A mount users at the moment even if there is no hard evidence to substantiate people's concerns.

With the recent release of the A99 and the A58, and a few lenses one should find evidence that Sony will continue with the A mount.

I do wonder if Sony's goal is to keep the A mount but simplify the offerings. This is good and bad.

Maybe it's just because I keep reading the doomsayer posts but I have wondered lately about my investment in A mount lenses.

What do you think the plan is at Sony?

PaddyC's gear list:PaddyC's gear list
Canon EOS M
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony RX1 Sony SLT-A58 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow