ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Desverger
Regular MemberPosts: 117Gear list
Like?
NX1000 - PASM dial acting up
Mar 5, 2013

Hello,

So I've been using my NX1000 for the last 6 months or so and so far been happy overall. However I noticed that the PASM dial is a little finicky. When I turn on the camera it'll go into SMART mode, even though I have the PASM dial on A. Playing with the dial often results in the camera jumping around modes, like switching to M and then S, even though it's on A. After a few seconds the camera eventually gets it right and goes into mode A. But it's very annoying and the dial is still very sensitive (touch it slightly and it might jump to another completely unrelated mode). I have lost some shots this way.

Now, the camera is still under warranty but that means I need to send it off to have it repaired. I'll be without it for maybe up to 6 to 8 weeks. That totally sucks. So I was wondering if it's really just a matter of cleaning some contacts or some other simple fix. I'm also not sure how to go about it. I was thinking of just spraying some contact cleaner into the cracks around the dial, hoping it would clean out whatever is gumming up the contacts. That might work but might also remove any lubricants if there are any. So I'm not sure that's a good idea. Also, does the PASM dial just pop off or do you need to take the camera apart to get it off?

If anyone has any experience with either this problem or taking the camera apart, please let me know. Thanks.

Desverger's gear list:Desverger's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD550 Samsung NX1000 Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +4 more
Samsung NX1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow