Did you give up cigarettes for POT/marijuana smoking?

Started Mar 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Chato
Forum ProPosts: 45,854Gear list
Like?
Unclear on the concept award Number 11
In reply to PhD4, Mar 5, 2013

PhD4 wrote:

That's interesting, if true.

It's not.

Sure it helps to clear lungs.... but an expectorant does so by promoting fluids.

Marijuana does the opposite.

Scieintific studies from such "pro" marijuana groups as the AMA and the New England journal of medicine confirm the expectorant side effect of marijuanna.

It does act LIKE an expectorant, in some ways.

Helping to create fluids, like a REAL expectorant, is not one of them.

I already pointed this out.

Again, I hesitate to place my lowly expertise against a Doctor such as yourself. But here is what the dictionary says:

Medicine/Medical, Pharmacology . /ɪkˈspɛktərənt/ Show Spelled [ik-spek-ter-uhnt] Show IPA ex·pec·to·rant
In other words, any substance which acts to clear the lungs. The actual mechanism is unimportant.

an expectorant medicine.
2. noun
promoting the discharge of phlegm or other fluid from the respiratory tract.
adjective
What you are saying is the equivalent of saying that "An Antibiotic works by destroying the cell membrane of bacteria."
This is certainly true about some anti-biotics, but is totally meaningless in using the word.
Doctor such as yourself proscribes an anti-biotic, there are hundreds for him/her to choose from. And each of them have a different method of killing bacteria. realSo, when a
Hope this helps.
Dave
-- hide signature --

"Everyone who has ever lived, has lived in Modern Times"

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
whoaNew
??New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow