The US won't have mirrorless? (Sans Mirror)

Started Mar 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
Eamon Hickey
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,151
Like?
they have sources of information
In reply to Thomas Kachadurian, Mar 5, 2013

Thomas Kachadurian wrote:

If I, or ten other people I can think of, could get their ear I could tell they how to own the us market.

All of the camera companies employ hundreds of Americans in their U.S. sales subsidiaries, many of whom have decades of deep insider experience in the U.S. camera business. Most companies call their foreign sales teams back to Japan for market consultations quarterly, or at least bi-annually.

So they have plenty of sources of knowledgeable input about the U.S. camera market. It's very true that that input is not always intelligently heard. Maybe that's what you meant, and I don't disagree that many times that is true.

And obviously, the same basic sales/marketing intelligence network in in place in all other major markets -- i.e. native-born and bred executives from the UK, German, French etc. sales subsidiaries are, in theory, supposed to be giving close advise about what those markets want and how they should be addressed.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow