Does anyone here have the RX100 to go with your NEX?

Started Mar 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
cwinte
Regular MemberPosts: 186Gear list
Like?
Re: Does anyone here have the RX100 to go with your NEX?
In reply to kblaw, Mar 5, 2013

kblaw wrote:

How does the video quality/performance of the RX100 compare to the NEX (particularly the NEX-5N with the original 18-200mm lens)? I'm particularly interested in the comparison, because I just got a travel jib, and it would be much easier to attach the RX100 to it. I assume that I could include clips from the RX100 together with clips from the NEX, and have them be fairly seamless in appearance.

Terry

I have taken to using RX100 on lightweight jibs rather than the NEX5N or 7 - had no overheat issues and like the quality, stabilisation.
As I custom make my gear a lighter smaller body makes everything lighter, easier to pack and travel with. My only thought is if I try to add hdmi monitoring then I need to invent a new mount avoiding the base bolt due to it being so close to hdmi port, and get a superflexible hdmi cable - working on that one...

Can't say I have combined RX100 and NEX clips yet but expect no issues when I do.

-- hide signature --

NEX 7, 5N, OSS SEL18200, kit1855, 16mm & 12mmUWA, Sigma30 plus various manual glass, RX100 on hand.

cwinte's gear list:cwinte's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow