Just ordered RX100..first Sony ever.

Started Mar 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Lmendy
Regular MemberPosts: 450Gear list
Like?
My first hour with the RX100
In reply to PrimeUser, Mar 5, 2013

I liked my Fuji X10 especially the optical view finder and build quality, but it was just a bit to large and the image quality, although quite good was not quite good enough.  I had hopes that the new RX20 would surpass the X10's image quality, but after viewing images and reading every item that came out about the RX1, but it is beyond my budget and I wanted the flexibility of a zoom.

In cruising the net, I found out that Sony had the RX100 and it seemed to be what I was looking for.  I wanted an optical view finder (I may buy the Clearviewer adapter for the LCD screen), but I realized that any camera is a trade off.

I received the camera yesterday.  I had already purchased a separate charger and 2 extra batteries through Amazon (less the $20).  I unpacked it, set the date and started shooting.  I was amazed at the size and weight.  The image quality is fantastic considering the size of the camera.  I am sure that no other compact (or for that matter, many larger cameras) comes close.  I am sure that it is not only the sensor, but the lens (which is much better then most kit lenses on DSLRs).  It is a remarkable little machine.

Lmendy's gear list:Lmendy's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Fujifilm X-E2
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow