How to darken a monitor that is too bright

Started Mar 2, 2013 | Questions thread
Alandb
Regular MemberPosts: 131Gear list
Like?
Re: CHANGE GAMA
In reply to GHwell, Mar 5, 2013

I think the basic answer is to 1) under the Splendid settings use the Standard Mode as opposed to User Mode. My eye sees this as a better view.  2) boost the brightness in the Print module of LR 4. I will have to accept that it will never be perfect but it is close enough. My thanks to everyone who helped me work through this. Also thanks to all who put in links for references. I looked at some of them briefly, and will take the time to look more closely.

This question may be off-topic but my calibration software, Basiccolor Display 5, to determine the white and black points, has the option to take an actual measurement. It calculates a white point of 63 and a black point of .19 (I forgot the units). Using these values, it seems to calculate successfully and then validate. Do these values make sense? The other settings are D65 and "l", not gamma 2.2. I don't know about other software, but this one will give error messages and/or fail a validation test if the "wrong" values are put in. This is why I mentioned, in an earlier post, that this software is cumbersome.

Alandb's gear list:Alandb's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Epson Stylus Photo R2880 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow