When Will We Start Seeing Mid-Sized Compacts With APS-C Sensors For Around $1000

Started Mar 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ryder78
Contributing MemberPosts: 546
Like?
When Will We Start Seeing Mid-Sized Compacts With APS-C Sensors For Around $1000
Mar 5, 2013

The full-frame Sony RX1 is the current small compact that's available in the market, and it sells for about $2900.

The Canon GX1 with a 1.5" sensor is pretty decent at about $550 but it's a tad ugly, huge and heavy, and few folks have complained on its slow autofocus speed.

Canon G1X : Looks a bit ugly for my taste

The new Fuji X20 is looking good - beautiful, reasonably small and compact, but the 2/3" sensor puts it in the P&S category of performance. How I wished this thing has an APS-C sized sensor.

Fuji X20 : Small, nice, light and compact, but comes with a smallish 2/3" sensor

Any prediction or speculation when we will start seeing more mid-sized compacts from leading camera manufacturers getting APS-C spec and performance?

Nikon has just introduced the Coolpix A, a compact with an APS-C sized sensor, but the design looks pretty horrible to me. How I wished the Fuji X20 gets the APS-C sensor instead.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Fujifilm X20 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow