70D and 7Dmk2 is coming what to expect?

Started Feb 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Christoph Stephan
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,719Gear list
Like?
Re: 70D and 7Dmk2 is coming what to expect?
In reply to Wyville, Mar 5, 2013

Wyville wrote:

Pentax is still working on the longer lenses. There is now a 560mm f/5.6 prime, although I don't know if it's readily available yet and it is something like $6.5k. Pentax also seems to have a longer (>300mm) tele zoom in the works for this year or later. So there's still hope.

Sometimes I wonder whether a K-30 with 18-55mm WR, 55-200mm WR and 100mm f2.8 Macro WR would be just the ideal robust and lightweight set up for longer trekking trrips under harsher conditions (Rwenzori mountains, for example, or some rainy New Zealand National Parks). Or o save weight, the 18-135 mm Wr instead of the former two, but I am not that enthusastic about superzoom leneses due to personal experience.

As to the original thread, a Canon 7D with the same functions and controls (including 100% 100x viewfinder), an improved sensor (high ISO) and shrunk to the size and weight of the Pentax K5 or EOS 20D would just be perfect.

Christoph Stephan's gear list:Christoph Stephan's gear list
Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 40D Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Tamron AF 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di VC LD Aspherical (IF) Macro +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow