ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
greatphoto
Contributing MemberPosts: 608
Like?
GH3 or Nikon D7100 best for video?
Mar 5, 2013

Hi All

I am a portrait and event photographer and I shoot full frame Nikons and Fuji XE-1.  I have been following mirrorless.com for a long while now and they rave about the GH3 and the seamless integration of video and stills.

I was all set on getting the GH3 pro kit until the D7100 came along. I don't know much about the tech side of video, just know I want to shoot more video and integrate it slowly into my business, or even for now just videoing my 9year old daughter.

I feel the D7100 will be a better spare still camera but is the video specs even close to what the GH3 offers?  I do like the articulated screen of the GH 3 but the Nikon will have a better OVF but then there is the added expense of getting a rear screen viewfinder.

Perhaps get the Nikon for now with no expense on lenses and wait till the end of the year to see what else comes out or the GH3 price to drop?  Any one else in this quandary?

Frustrated

Cheers

Randall

Nikon D7100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow