Samsung could kill the competition in 2013

Started Mar 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mr.NoFlash
Senior MemberPosts: 2,108Gear list
Like?
I have the same opinion but for much different reasons Re: Samsung kills no one
In reply to Jorginho, Mar 5, 2013

I have the same opinion but for much different reasons:

1. I do not like the word "kill", its a much exxagerated word. Especially Samsung will gain some percentage of market share and that is the good for us and samsung but thats it, no one will be killed.

2. One problem Samsung NX really has is Non-TTL-High-Sync-Speed Flash.

but all what you write are minor problems, and I have some real advantages of NX ( scroll down )

Jorginho wrote:

- No EVF for the NX-xxx/xxxx series. NX300 seems to lack one, like I said...

But for the NX-xx series. That is ok. A Nx-30 will apear

- Poor JPEGs

Yes that is a minor problem, but every system has problems.

- The extremely huge file thing and subsequent lock ups or at least very long waiting before you can shoot again

I think on this year's NX cameras thuis is solved

- NO IBIS but introducing kitlenses that do not have OIS either (a minor quibble may be)

I looked at the market. Unfortionately on mirrorless only m43 has IBIS. So this is not an advantage for any other APS mirrorless brand.

- Virtually no possibility to mount lenses via an adapter (look at Sony and also m43 cams!)

I have at home a Fourthirds-to-samsung-nx adapter

On the photographic side to my mind there is nothing that sets Samsung cams apart.

I can tell you some advantages of NX:

* Opposed to Sony, the NX-xx cameras are REAL CAMERAS and look like real cameras and can be used like real cameras.

* Opposed to Fuji, Samsung is in the sum as good but for the half price.

* The Samsung 85mm 1.4 is THE LENS, the LENS, THE IDEAL LENS for people photography. No other mirrorless brand has this.

* For me, I like 3D, so I like that the system has a real ( hardware based ) option for 3D with the new 45 lens.

Also, the videodepartment is not too good either.

Nikon, Sony, Panasonic and Olympus all have their USPs. I simply can't see them in Samsung. If they revolutionise their productline for photographers, that would be very welcome and a good step in the right direction. But with this trackrecord, it is certainly not enough to convince masses to buy a Samsung mirrorless. I think the best papers are for Nikon, Canon and behind them Sony and Olympus. Panasonic is not really doing enough lately in my view. Like Samsung, they are at a disadvantage everstill because they are less considered to be a photocam company.

-- hide signature --

cheers
Mr.NoFlash

Mr.NoFlash's gear list:Mr.NoFlash's gear list
Samsung HZ50W Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W1 Leica Digilux 3 Samsung NX300
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow