Your Holy Trinity of lenses

Started Mar 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
tn1krr
Contributing MemberPosts: 722Gear list
Like?
Re: Your Holy Trinity of lenses
In reply to blue_skies, Mar 5, 2013

1. Canon 100/2.8L IS USD Macro on Speedbooster. Superbly stabilized (new Canon hybrid IS), sharp as razorblade and 2.0 fast with da Booster. Obviously great for tripod macro, but also great for handheld macro/portraits.

2. SEL50/1.8. Chose this over SEL35 as 50 is sharper wide open and does not make any funny noises. It is almost always dark here in Finland so fast and stabilized is the way to go.

3. Currently Zeiss 24/1.8, but think this one will be replaced by a wider FF lens via speedbooster. Gonna try the chipped (for exif) Samyang 14/2.8 next week. Zeiss is a great lens and takes beautiful pictures, but I'm too often wishing for something wider and currently the 16-50 Pz is the widest I have and even with that I know I want wider. SEL1018 is tempting, but IMO too pricey (OSS not that useful for UWA and Samyang is 310 Eur vs. 850 Eur of 10-18) and not that future proof with FF Nex propably around the corner.

tn1krr's gear list:tn1krr's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Sony Alpha 7R Sony a6000 Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Kenko Teleplus Pro 300 AF 1.4x +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow