Started Feb 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
bobn2
Forum ProPosts: 29,982
Like?
Re: May I?
In reply to Keith Z Leonard, Mar 5, 2013

Keith Z Leonard wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

And we're not fooled by you liking your own posts.

Time to stop feeding the troll guys.

That really is pathetic. Just label everyone who disagrees with you a 'troll'. Absolute typical fanboy tactics. No-one is fooled by the subsequent obvious attempts to appear fair minded by discussing the merits of other systems, either.

You do realize that labeling your detractors as "fanboy" is equally ad hominem, right? I mean, you're a smart guy, you get that, right??

You're misusing 'ad hominem'. It is a logical fallacy, arguing to the man, not the argument, which was being done against me. 'Fanboy' is just a description of the motivation for their action. I was unable to address their arguments any other way, since their arguments were solely 'argumentum ad hominem'. Nor did I label my detractors as 'fanboys', I just pointed out that they were using fanboy tactics. And, the label was responsive. They argue that way, they get that response. They argue of the evidence, they get a reasoned response based on that evidence. If their evidence is good enough, they convince me. As it was, they presented no evidence, simply argumentum ad hominem from the start. As I pointed out the Wyvill, his ´╗┐first post´╗┐ on this topic was argumentum ad hominem.

-- hide signature --

Bob

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow