70D and 7Dmk2 is coming what to expect?

Started Feb 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Wyville
Senior MemberPosts: 2,941Gear list
Like?
Re: 70D and 7Dmk2 is coming what to expect?
In reply to Christoph Stephan, Mar 5, 2013

Christoph Stephan wrote:

Me, too. Their SLRs and lenses are really nice.I especially appreciate that they build bigger pentaprism also into their smaller DLSRs and generally have a lighter more compact design without compromises in functionality.

In the lens department they are lacking long teles, but there you have the Sigma 150-500 mm OS and Sigma 50-500mm OS with Pentax fit.

If I would not have gone Canon with the EOS 300D (just a bargain these days, and Pentax*ist nowhere to be had) I would have stayed with Pentax, as I had a Ricoh film SLR with K-mount lenses. Sometimes I think of aquiring a K-30 18-55mm WR + 50-200mm WR for long outdoor trips (and out of solidarity with Pentax), but building up two systems is just a waste of money.

However, it would be a real shame to see Pentax SLRs gone!

Pentax is still working on the longer lenses. There is now a 560mm f/5.6 prime, although I don't know if it's readily available yet and it is something like $6.5k. Pentax also seems to have a longer (>300mm) tele zoom in the works for this year or later. So there's still hope.

Wyville's gear list:Wyville's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow