Oh no! I'm loving my point and shoot!

Started Mar 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
sacentre
Senior MemberPosts: 1,176
Like?
Re: Oh no! I'm loving my point and shoot!
In reply to The Photo Ninja, Mar 5, 2013

Hmm. Feel a bit that way myself when I use my Samsung Galaxy Note instead of the Canon 5D2.

I do a lot of motorcycling with friends and sometimes it's just not convenient to keep stopping to unpack a big DSLR and pack it way again so I decided I'd use the camera phone on trips where I can't spend the time for more serious stuff.

I took these of the park in Taiping, Malaysia on the Note. Ok, they're only wallpaper but show how much phone cameras are catching up.

http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i280/sacentre/Photography/Taiping/

The nasty thought did cross my mind however, whether I really needed a DSLR. I shuddered and quickly apologised to my Canon and asked forgiveness!!

Trevor

The Photo Ninja wrote:

So I bought a 5D Mark III recently. Love it! No complaints.

I had some BestBuy reward zone certificates as a result of my purchases. I set out to buy a point and shoot for those times when the 5dIII is too big, bulky, and cumbersome. It had to do raw.

Best Buy beat some crazy online price and I got the camera for a deal. Is an nex-5r. The kit lens is so so, and I figured if I'm going to use this, I want a quality lens. So I bought the Zeiss 24mm 1.8. Big mistake! I love this Sony camera now.

Do any of you feel like you are cheating on your fancy DSLRs with your other camera bodies?

BTW, I'm shooting a karate tournament next weekend with the 5DIII, I'm not crazy. I just feel guilty about liking my point and shoot as much as I do.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow